It was an antipodean adventure for a Lincolnshire IT specialist recently as the team at Datcom completed work in Australia.
The East Midlands-based company sent some of its team over to work in Melbourne and Sydney on a project for a major Aussie supermarket.
Datcom IT Professional Kye Colquhoun, who flew to the country twice for mission critical server installation with Managing Director Andrew Townsend, said: “We had a client who had a last-minute requirement to source some new servers and get them running in a busy distribution warehouse on the outskirts of Sydney. At Datcom, we’re very familiar with server technology so we ordered the equipment and had it delivered before we arrived to assemble and set it up.”
In a far cry from his usual work environment in Lincolnshire, Kye stayed for two weeks in Sydney, putting in long hours to get the distribution system up to scratch. Having overcome a challenging installation, Kye was then asked to fly back to the country to install a similar setup in Melbourne.
Kye added: “This was a fantastic trip and although the build was a challenge, it was great to experience another country. The jet lag hit us pretty hard, but it felt like a real success once we turned on the system and there were no problems.”
There was also time for Kye and Andrew to enjoy some of the sights. Kye took in trips to Sydney Harbour and enjoyed exotic seafood as well as paying the zoo a visit where he encountered huge spiders, venomous snakes and kangaroos!
To find out more about what Datcom could do for you, call 0845 521 2405 or visit www.datcom.co.uk
Notes to Editors:
- Datcom is a professional IT company accredited with multiple high-level qualifications from the largest and most respected vendors and industry standard bodies.
- Established in 2011, Datcom is based in Grantham but also has an office in Lincoln.
- Datcom currently employs 27 people.
- Datcom offers a wide range of IT services, from basic support through to the very best in cyber security.
- For more information, visit: datcom.co.uk
For media information please contact: