Richard Bell approached Shooting Star in 2017 to support him with the launch of a new alternative education provision he was setting up. Specialist Education Support Network (SESN) offers an alternative for children with behavioural issues who don’t conform to mainstream education.
- To promote the launch of the Specialist Education Support Network’s first alternative education provision centre and attract maximum positive publicity in the local media.
- Provide content for news stories and blog posts for their website.
- Create a string of social media posts to be used in the lead up to and after the event and support with social media during the launch.
- Support with the creation of the event, design the invites and organise print and delivery to the guests.
- Work closely with them on the invite list, ensuring safeguarding aspects were always considered.
- Demonstrate the alternative education provision centre's capabilities and services on offer.
- Raise the profile of the work these alternative education provision centres provide.
Shooting Star worked with Richard to create a plan for the event, working specifically towards the objectives outlined in the brief. With many years’ of events experience, the team were tasked with organising the details of the event for Richard. This involved creating an approach from the initial meeting, through to the post-event follow up and news release. Shooting Star was involved with the following tasks:
- Itinerary for the day
- Guest list
- Invite design
- Follow up phone calls
- Provision of guest sign in list and identity badges (for security purposes)
- Media call for the day to secure maximum coverage for the launch
- Organisation of new signage, artwork and a commemorative plaque for the opening of the new facility
- Secured George Johnny Johnson MBE for the launch of the event.
- Obtained coverage of the launch across a number of channels – BBC Radio Lincolnshire, BBC Look North, ITV Calendar, Lincs FM, local press including The Lincolnite, Estuary TV, Siren FM and The Linc.
- Secured an interview on BBC Radio Lincolnshire in advance of the launch event.
The launch of our new education centre was something we had to get right from the outset. This venture was very personal to me and I wanted to do it justice and make my team and George ‘Johnny’ Johnson himself proud. Having seen Shooting Stars’ portfolio and the fantastic work they have done with their clients, I was keen to work with them on making our launch a success. I was in safe hands with Shooting Star from day one. Kate and Sharon made me feel comfortable that they would manage every aspect of the launch on my behalf and they did just that.
They demonstrated their great relationships with the local media and because of this we had a fantastic turn out which allowed all those who were unable to attend to view reports through local newspapers and TV reports. The whole event was a real success and I thank Shooting Star for making it all possible.