Fennies is a fast-growing nursery group which runs 11 childcare settings in across London and the South East. Fennies has 25 years’ experience of providing high quality children’s day nurseries in modern, wonderfully resourced settings, allowing babies, toddlers and pre-school children to learn, play and flourish.
In July 2015 we were appointed by Fennies to lead their marketing strategy, incorporating PR and social media. We worked with the Director of Childcare Services and Head of Administration as an extension of their team to create a strategy that:
- Increased activity and engagement across Facebook and Twitter
- Improved the SEO performance of the Fennies website
- Delivered a new Fennies brochure
- Created media relations to raise the profile of Fennies
- Provided a design service to achieve consistent branding across the company
As part of the strategy we:
- Wrote and entered awards on behalf of Fennies to raise their profile
- Targeted marketing activity at nurseries with lower occupancy rates
- Worked with the food writer Annabel Karmel MBE as a strategic partner
- Worked on a targeted advertising campaign to promote brand awareness
We initially undertook a review of the Fennies website and provided a report and analysis on the best ways to improve the user experience. The overall aim was to ensure all subsequent activity had an impact on the conversion of leads and that the overall performance of the website and subsequent activity on its supporting social media pages drove leads and enquiries to the various Fennies nursery settings.
We worked hard to ensure Fennies was aligned as the nursery of choice for London, Surrey and Sussex and that it stood apart from its competitors. We created a plan which focused on increasing nursery numbers, positioned Fennies as an employer of choice and increased brand loyalty and recognition across the counties it operates in.
We created the Facebook presence in July 2015 and by May 2016 likes had reached 910. Videos taken in the nurseries proved very popular, receiving at least 1,000 views each; two videos attracted more than 6,000 views. On Twitter from a standing start in 2015 we had already reached 359 followers by May 2016.
We designed and wrote all the copy for a new company brochure which was designed to showcase the creative, stimulating and nurturing nature of each of the Fennies nurseries and was used in the second phase of our marketing campaign to increase occupancy levels at each of the nursery settings.
We submitted Fennies for a number of awards and achieved the following successes:
- Won the Best Business for Marketing and Social Media category in the Croydon Business Excellence Awards 2016
- Shortlisted for the Business Development Award and the Nursery Operations Manager of the Year Award in the Nursery World Awards 2015
- Shortlisted for the NMT Nursery Awards Nursery Personality of the Year 2016
Shooting Star were recommended as they have extensive experience in the childcare sector, we enjoyed working with them to raise our profile both locally and nationally.