North Kesteven Academy is an Ofsted ‘Good’ rated secondary school in the south of Lincoln, and has been established now for over 50 years. Its marketing and communications had traditionally been carried out in house, but the school was looking for experienced support from an external agency for everything from PR and marketing through to website and branding support.
We started to work with NK Academy on a full-time basis in 2017 after supplying ad hoc media relations support for the previous year. We were also asked to support with the promotion of the academy’s brand launch.
Our aim was to capitalise on the positivity created by the rebrand and establish a robust strategy for promoting the academy and enhancing its reputation.
The school gave marketing responsibilities to us to direct the academy’s overall marketing and communications plan, put a new robust system in place and carry out the majority of the marketing and comms work.
Our overall objectives were to:
- Increase activity and engagement across Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
- Improve the SEO performance and management of the website
- Deliver a new school prospectus and regular newsletters for students and parents
- Use media relations to raise the profile of the academy
- Work on a targeted advertising campaign to increase awareness of the academy
- Provide media relations support and deliver positive news stories
We worked hard to form relationships within the academy that meant we were able to understand how it works and the objectives in place for the overall performance of the academy.
- Increased social media following in the first year across Instagram by 32%
- Increased social media following in the first year across Twitter by 22%
- Increased social media following in the first year across Facebook by 13%
- Generated 85 items of coverage across print and online
- Secured 6 items of broadcast coverage across TV and radio since 2017 including coverage on BBC Radio Lincolnshire and ITV Calendar News.
- Wrote and submitted award submission for previous student who won Sportswoman of the Year at the Active Lincolnshire Sports Awards 2018.
We’d worked previously with Shooting Star on a number of activities and most recently for the promotion of our rebrand in September 2017. We’re thrilled to be working with them as a long-term partner and have been delighted with the results and the changes they’ve helped us deliver. We’re excited about what this partnership means for the future of the academy.