Tanglewood Care Homes – Lincolnshire’s largest private care home provider – is an award-winning, independent, family-run group of care homes. Founded in 1989 when it opened its first care community in Horncastle, Tanglewood now has six homes, over 400 residents and more than 500 staff made up of senior managers, home managers and care and support workers.
As a well established care provider, Tanglewood approached Shooting Star in 2017 to handle its communications strategy as the company prepared to grow the business with a brand-new 72-bed home in Lincoln. Tanglewood had several important and interesting stories to tell and tasked Shooting Star with cementing its position as the go-to care home provider in Lincolnshire. Tanglewood also wanted to enhance its reputation in the East Midlands by promoting the ‘gold standard’ of care it provides as well as strengthening its reputation as a great place to work.
Shooting Star developed an integrated strategy combining the benefits of PR, marketing, paid advertising and digital activity, to help enhance the positive perception of Tanglewood among its target audiences. Shooting Star recognised the abundance of positive news stories which needed highlighting – including the promotion of the new home – and decided on a strategy that would boost the company’s reputation through traditional PR coverage aimed at the local and trade press as well as negotiating multiple advertising contracts with key regional publications. Shooting Star also recommended that Tanglewood implement a social media strategy using organic and paid-for social media campaigns.
- In 17 months, Shooting Star secured over 200 individual pieces of coverage for Tanglewood in local, regional and trade press – that’s over 12 articles a month with over half a million reach
- Secured several broadcast opportunities including interviews on BBC Radio Lincolnshire, Lincs FM and a full feature piece on ITV Calendar News in October 2018
- Supported Tanglewood with the growth of its social media channels. Its Facebook page has over 2,000 likes and a heathy engagement rate
- Broad-reach digital advertising campaigns on Facebook delivering 10k reach and £2.76 (£5.55 Facebook average cost) per thousand impressions
- Targeted Google Ads high-intent search campaigns delivering clickthrough rates above 3.23% (3.17% industry average) at a cost of £0.76 per click (£1.76 industry average)