Over 50 business people from across Lincolnshire joined journalists, friends and family at Shooting Star’s 10th anniversary celebration at The Cardinal’s Hat in Lincoln.
The PR and marketing agency, which has offices in Lincoln and Bristol, organised a party on Thursday (8th September) to thank clients, partners, suppliers and staff for their support over the last ten years.
Established in Lincoln September 2006 by directors Kate Strawson and Jez Ashberry, Shooting Star was the first dedicated PR consultancy to set up in the city and has since expanded its services to include marketing and digital.
Kate said: “We initially noticed a gap in the market for a PR consultancy and as former journalists turned PR professionals we decided to take the plunge and start our own business. Since then we haven’t looked back and although it’s been challenging at times, especially when the recession hit, we’ve grown the company to seven staff and two offices.
“We’ve also responded to our clients’ needs and the rise in digital communications and have invested in staff and training to improve our knowledge and expertise in marketing and social media. The industry is rapidly evolving and we need to make sure we stay ahead of the curve. I look forward to the challenges the next ten years will bring.
As well as organising a party, the team at Shooting Star wanted to give something back to the community and set themselves a 10th anniversary charity challenge.
All seven members of the team completed the equivalent of a marathon by cycling, swimming or running 26 miles during August to raise money for the Lincolnshire Carers and Young Carers Partnership (LCYCP).
The agency’s Account Director Sarah-Jane Freni, who manages the Shooting Star office in Bristol, did her bit by cycling the length of the Bristol to Bath railway path and back.
“We wanted to make our 10th birthday really special and say thank you to everyone who has supported our business along the way, which is why we set ourselves this challenge,” explained Jez Ashberry.
“I’m really proud of how everyone has got stuck in. It’s been great to see the team supporting one another as we chalked up the miles, and a fantastic way to celebrate 10 successful years in business.
“We couldn’t have got where we are today without the support of our staff, clients, partners, suppliers and journalists. We hope that through the activities we’ve organised as part of our birthday celebrations we’ve shown our appreciation for the part they’ve played in our success.”
Notes to Editors:
- Shooting Star was founded in 2006 by Kate Strawson and Jez Ashberry and became incorporated as a company limited by guarantee in 2007.
- The agency has offices in Lincoln and Bristol and works for public and private sector clients across a wide range of sectors including technology, education, childcare, hospitality and tourism, property, finance, retail and manufacturing.
- It offers a full range of PR, marketing, digital media and editorial services and is a Quality Assured supplier on the East Midlands Service Provider Register www.embrokerage.com
- Each year the agency provides free advice and expertise to a charity or not-for-profit organisation which would not otherwise be able to afford ongoing PR.
- Shooting Star won a gold award in the STEM Campaign category and a silver award in the Community Relations Campaign category at the 2015 CIPR Pride Awards (Yorkshire & Lincolnshire).
For media information please contact: