Do you get on swimmingly at pub quizzes? Are you the anchor of your group, putting wind in its sails with your answers? Don’t be a sad sole and join us for Quiz, Chips & Mushy Peas – our annual charity quiz night.
This year’s quiz will take place on Monday 25th November at The Elite Fish & Chip Company restaurant on Tritton Road in Lincoln to raise money for our 2019 charity of the year Help Me, I’m Fine.
For a cost of £20 per person, teams of four people are invited to put their general knowledge to the test over a fish and chip supper.
As ever, there will also be the chance to win prizes in our raffle and heads and tails game.
So far, we’ve raised over £3,500 for charity by hosting Quiz, Chips & Mushy Peas and we’re looking forward to increasing that total by supporting Help Me, I’m Fine this year.
The charity was founded by Helen Cousin in 2017, after her 16-year-old daughter Maisie tragically took her own life.
Help Me, I’m Fine raises money through sponsored activities and events to help fund suicide awareness training in primary schools across Lincolnshire and Nottinghamshire.
Part of the work Helen has done with her charity has included:
- three supporters taking part in a 15,000-foot skydive for charity
- writing a book called The Knot that has been sold across the UK and abroad
- creating a sensory garden to support mindfulness at Maisie’s old school, where Helen works, in Misterton near Gainsborough
- hosting a Bollywood Night to raise funds
- creating Maisie’s Space in Gainsborough – for children and families to gain bereavement support
To book your team(s), email email@example.com or call 01522 528540. But be quick as ‘plaices’ are expected to sell out fast!
Our chippy quiz is always popular and we’re really grateful for all the support, but please note that – owing to capacity – businesses are permitted to book a maximum of two teams.
Will we be ‘sea’ing you there?